Search

PC gamers are shifting to AMD Ryzen processors as Intel’s 13900K/14900K chips keep experiencing crashes and failures.

Share it

Intel continues to grapple with unresolved issues surrounding crashes affecting its 13th and 14th Gen K-series processors. Despite attempting solutions such as adhering to specific power consumption limits, the problem persists. The lack of a standardized power profile for Raptor Lake K-series CPUs is proving to be a significant challenge, with power delivery relying on motherboard VRMs rather than the processors themselves. This dynamic has frustrated users as they navigate varying power profiles like Baseline, Performance, and Extreme, without guaranteed stability.

An attempt to mitigate the issues through Enhanced Thermal Velocity Boost (eTVB) updates has shown some promise in stabilizing affected systems by reducing crashes and eliminating dreaded blue screen errors. Nevertheless, the ongoing challenges have tarnished Intel’s reputation in recent months, leading to a decrease in sales of Raptor Lake-S desktop processors.

This setback has prompted a significant portion of the gaming community to switch their allegiance to AMD’s Ryzen processors, with the Ryzen 7 7800X3D becoming a popular alternative. Reports indicate that AMD Ryzen CPUs now dominate over 55% of desktop chip sales in the Korean DIY market, signaling a notable shift towards Ryzen in the desktop computing landscape.

In markets like Germany, instances such as at Mindfactory paint a similar picture, with AMD Ryzen processors accounting for approximately 90% of sales, leaving Intel with a mere 10% market share. Sales figures throughout the first half of 2024 reinforce the declining trend for Intel’s offerings, further boosting AMD’s standing among consumers.

Online platforms like Steam also reflect this transition, with AMD’s CPU market share surpassing 35%, a milestone in its market presence. Even on e-commerce giant Amazon, Intel CPUs struggle to make an impact, with Ryzen 7000 and 5000 series SKUs dominating the top-selling list.

The prevailing narrative among PC gamers showcases a clear preference for AMD Ryzen processors as a reliable and stable alternative in light of Intel’s ongoing chipset challenges, further solidifying AMD’s position in the competitive desktop processor market.

🤞 Don’t miss these tips!

🤞 Don’t miss these tips!

Solverwp- WordPress Theme and Plugin